Resources on the Web
Our local MCO (Managed Care Organization) for Carteret County is CoastalCare. For 24 hour access Call Toll Free 1-866-875-1757.
Call them to connect with local providers that serve the needs of the Mental Health, Substance Use and I/DD (intellectually/developmentally disabled) patients. Autism falls under the I/DD umbrella.
We are blessed to have one of the most active local Autism Society of NC chapters within the state right here in our area! Please take a look on their website and get involved in their many activities throughout the month.
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- NC Infant-Toddler Program
- Autism Speaks
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY)
- Information on IDEA—the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- NC Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Creekside Recreational Therapy Services
- The Barnyard in Newport
- ECAC Parent Center